Our Client, a forward thinking, technology driven consultancy for apparel product development, is looking for a Product Developer to join their team.
The position is to cover childrenswear, multiproduct specialist ideally, as well as womenswear ideally.
A candidate that is willing to adapt quickly, and do adhoc tasks as well as what’s in the main job spec. The position is 5 days a week but there is potential for some flexible working hours.
· Co–ordinate tech pack building, adding all technical requirements, print artworks and fit information once initial design concepts confirmed.
· Oversee and maintain tech pack database, managing multiple categories per season. Co-ordinate all detailed measurement specs ensuring consistency across fits per client along with graphic specs & excel trim sheets.
· Lead all fit sessions - document fit development process and feedback to all suppliers concerned.
· Manage off site hand over of individual styles per collection by set deadlines in the calendar.
· Co-ordinate colour palettes devised by design team to provide sets for each supplier.
· Research current, up coming and forecasted fabric finishes, wash processes and print techniques. Prepare fabric & trim brief through online research, inspirational shopping etc.
· Deliver commercial fabric and trim brief to factory and supply partners at beginning of season.
· Liaise with factories (on a daily basis) on all points from lab dips through to proto sampling.
· Offer clarification on all fabric issues, manufacturing defects, wash standards, trim application, branding positions etc.
· Ensure consistent quality standards across all collections. Analyse quality standards and confirm acceptance/rejection of specific product.
· Travel to factories/mills for initial tech pack handover and/or proto review. Monitor the execution of all new branding/graphic finishes within the business.
· Develop existing and new relationships with potential supply partners to ensure best prices achieved, brand handwriting always improving/evolving.
· Build and maintain Product development critical path from concept to delivery, highlighting any issues as and when required.
· Manage out of season trim/labelling/fabric developments
· Manage all courier deliveries - incoming and outgoing
For more information about our current job opportunities please contact us on 0845 226 8323. You can also follow us on Twitter and Linkedin.