Our Client, a luxury premium brand is looking for a Footwear & Accessories Technologist to join their team.
The position is reporting to the Senior Technologist, providing support to the Buying team, Suppliers and Manufacturers; working closely with your teams and Senior Technologist.
The Footwear & Accessories Technologist role is to assure consistent premium product quality is developed directly at source with Supplier and Manufactures, fully aligned with the business and department objectives having a well developed understanding of the target customer.
Key responsibilities of the Footwear & Accessories Technologist include technical specifications released to suppliers and finding solutions and efficiencies supporting Suppliers, Design and Buying teams.
Key responsibilities include;
Fit and Sealing and Product Development
• Communicates product specification to ensure ‘Best Practice’ in product development.
• Last development, sizing and construction standards through direct briefing of suppliers.
• Ability to work closely with Designers and Buying.
• Working with differing fabrications with a good knowledge of leathers and composite materials.
• Ability to identifying and analyse problems by proposing solutions to influence key decisions.
• Identifies when issues should be discussed with material specialists for further investigation and action.
• To engineer products in the most cost-effective way to achieve the lowest possible cost whilst maintaining product value and premium quality standards.
• Manage Wear a trials, analyse and feedback results to the teams in line with the business timelines.
Critical Path Management
• Develops a close working relationships with all Suppliers to improve manufacturing standards.
• Encourages Suppliers to take responsibility for product development, supporting continually learning and best practice.
• Monitoring and revising feedback on performance of supply chain.
• Communicates and clearly with the relevant detail required to Suppliers to ensure effective development of quality product.
• Ensures that policies and procedures are followed.
• Previous track record of working within footwear and accessories technology or product development.
• A solid understanding of retail and manufacturing practices.
• Excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills both verbally and written.
• Ability to maintain trust and confidentiality.
• Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills.