We have an amazing new opportunity for an Activewear fabric technologist for a leading retailer.
Active Wear Fabric Technologist role:
• Meeting the sourcing briefs from the business units in value and quality terms from the direct suppliers of the region
• Ensure the fabric suppliers meet the clients required standards of quality and safety
• Meeting RTM rates as briefed by the business units
• Assist in evaluating prospective fabric sources and develop action plans to bring these to acceptable quality, environmental and safety standards
• In conjunction with the UK technologist determine and establish standard tests and frequency of test required in relation to fabric on all direct sourced garments and communicate this to garment manufacturing units
• For direct sourced garments, monitor quality control data from the fabric suppliers and garment factories
• Contribute to management information (KPIs) with the preparation of fabric quality reports
• For direct sourced garments, assist fabric and garment manufacturing units in interpreting the clients technical specification packages
• For direct sourced garments, approve manufacturers’ production seals for all aspects of fabric when required
• Train and develop the AQL team’s expertise on fabric related matters
• To be available for manufacturers to consult with regarding production issues and to become involved in the resolution of mill/manufacturer issues only when the manufacturer has been unable to do so
• As advised by UK technologists facilitate pre-production meetings with direct factories
• Work under direction from Area Manager/ UK Fabric Technologists to visit mills with regards to approving (a) new mills and (b) new fabrics
• Fabric / Textile degree qualification and or relevant experience in the industry
• Knowledgeable and up to date with latest fabric industry developments
• Strong communication skills
• Good influencing skill (internal and external) skill and be a good team player
• Ability to build strong relationship with counterparties in UK and suppliers in the region
• Strong management skills - strategic, setting direction, resources management and ability to drive and motivate the team
• Innovative, creative and flexible
• Ability to managing ambiguity & decision making
• Ability to listen, understanding, influence, persuade.
• Patience and understanding and professionalism particularly dealing with the teams
• Fluency in English, both written and oral.
• Cross functional and cross cultural working
For more information about our current job opportunities please contact us on 0845 226 8323. You can also follow us on Twitter and Linkedin.