Our Client a world class Retailer has a vacancy for a Fabric Technologist. The position will encompass some elements of Men's, Women's and Childrenswear. Reporting to the Fabric Manager, the successful candidate will support the buying, design and merchandising teams, drive fabric innovation and quality standards to deliver in the Brand’s Technical strategy. They need to demonstrates a high level of understanding of fabric technology and how to achieve the required performance standards with a broad knowledge of the fabric supply chain and sourcing routes.
Fabric Technologist Tasks & Responsibilities
- Highly active in delivering and driving the technical strategy
- Ensure that the submission process for fabric approval is adhered to and all aspects of the fabric meet the required performance standards to ensure quality standards are met.
- Manage the garment supply base and work closely with TU’s offshore offices to ensure quality standards are met.
- Competent at product development including competitor comparison, benchmarking analysis and product engineering.
- Deliver innovation on fabrics by visiting key fabric fairs and working with major fabric mills to drive newness in your product areas.
- Provide advice on sourcing routes and opportunities to reduce cost and improve quality.
- Analyse customer returns to identify patterns and formulate a corrective action plan.
- Improve the number of right first time fabric test reports to improve efficiency
- Work in partnership with buyers, merchandisers, designers to drive an efficient critical path.
- Understand the customer needs through regular store visits and the store adopter process. Seek out customer feedback.
- Manage or participate and contribute to relevant technical projects.
Fabric Technologist Key Experience, Skills & Abilities
- Degree or equivalent, relevant experience
- Experience in a manufacturing and /or retailing environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Leadership skills to drive product areas forward.
- High level of understanding of testing and test reports
- Excellent inter personnel skills.
Job Reference 100891