A great opportunity for a Senior Technologist for Womenswear Activewear to join a High End Womenswear Athleisure Brand on a permanent 3 days a week basis.
The Womenswear Senior Technologist, freelance role is reporting to a Product Manager.
• Create technical and measurement specs and maintain grading and sizing rules for each garment type
• Measure and review prototypes and size sets before fitting to ensure they conform to size and construction specifications
• Conduct fit meetings and document sample comments
• Communicate fit, quality and construction requirements to suppliers through sample comments
• Maintain consistency of quality and fit across suppliers and throughout the product range
• Coordinate all fittings from first proto through to final pre-production sample.
• Update tech packs (technology and measurement charts)
• Run the wear-testing program.
• Work closely with design, development and production to ensure products are risk assessed in a timely manner
• Approve pre-production and SMS samples to ensure that product meets business
• QA/ QC of production quality & measurements (in warehouse and potentially factories
abroad from time to time)
Requirements for the role:
• A degree (or equivalent qualification) in Garment Technology or the equivalent combination of education and experience
• A good knowledge of sports garment construction methods and manufacturing sewing operations, including pattern making, grading and marking processes
• A working knowledge of materials, technical fabrics and functional aspects of garments
• Strong organizational skills to provide well documented products, thorough specifications,
and meet deadlines
• Ability and enthusiasm to grow and adapt within a fast-growing start-up business
• Ability to work under pressure to meet key deadlines
• Attention to detail is essential
• IT skills: MS Office mandatory, Adobe AI and ERP (Zedonk) system knowledge preferred
For more information about our current job opportunities please contact us on 0845 226 8323. You can also follow us on Twitter and Linkedin.