We have an excellent opportunity for a Womenswear Garment Technologist experienced in Multi product and Jersey to join a design led online brand. Working with the Technical Manager and Senior Garment Technologist and wider team in the development of their product ranges consistent with our client’s brand.
Ideal candidates are garment technologists looking for the next level or technologists looking to enhance their career within a successful brand, the role requires line management of junior team members and overseas travel is also an important part of the role.
The successful applicant will develop product ranges consistent with the brand ethos for fit and quality. Candidates must have excellent technical skills in womenswear jersey. All candidates with the relevant experience from a supplier, retail or manufacturing background will be considered.
The role has excellent prospects for development in a friendly but hard working environment.
The ideal candidate will have
- A relevant qualification in Textiles or Fashion at degree or equivalent level
- Relevant work experience or a knowledge of a high quality Brand would be advantageous but not essential
- A knowledge of Womenswear fit, grading and construction, particularly jersey.
- A sound understanding of fabrics and fabric testing procedures
- Garment engineering skills and a good knowledge of garment manufacturing and factory procedures
- Technical skills to deliver fit for purpose, quality clothing meeting the Clients Brand objectives
- Excellent communication skills and previous experience working with overseas suppliers.
- The ability to be self-accountable whilst working in a team environment
You can follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin.