Our Client, a well known UK high end Brand has an opening for a Fabric Developer, Womenswear.
- The Fabric Developer is responsible for womenswear fabric from design concept to fabric being selected and approved for bulk purchasing, ensuring the fabric meets the correct quality and performance level, within the price architecture and critical path.
- Working closely with the design team and production team to source and development fabrics in line with business targets.
Fabric Developer Main Responsibilities include:
- Identify the key womenswear fabric trends and opportunities for the new season, attending fabric fairs with the designers.
- To have a sound understanding of the dept. pricing structure and the target fabric prices within the costing pyramid
- Obtain the group option plan so fabric sourcing and developments are targeted appropriately
- Work closely with the design team on objectives and new innovations exclusive and unique to the Client
- Present the fabric trends to the buying and design teams
- Send sourcing packs to the factories and expand on their product strengths, working with design and PD to confirm where fabrics should be sourced.
- Identify the print bases for the design stories and any core fabrics we should flow through the season
- Work with the print designer to allocate artworks with print mills and factories, chasing strike offs and sampling in line with the CP
- Send and chase the return of lab dips as required, action sampling and keeping the buyer informed on the due dates
- Oversee and manage the fabric sampling process, completing the sampling tracking sheet
- Liaise with the fabric mills and suppliers, building strong relationships and working on any specific improvement projects
- Liaise with the PD team on a constant basis to make sure sampling is relevant to the factory location, PD strategy and margin objectives.
- Ensure that all relevant fabric information is complete before the buying meeting, fabric spec details, price breakdown, leadtimes etc and entered on the sampling tracker sheet.
- Attend buying and post buy meetings as required
- Complete the handover pack for the PD and Merch team – Fabric ‘Pre production’ hangers, fabric spec/ performance sheet, cost breakdown and lead-times.
- Check test reports meet Client's performance standards and attend risk assessment meetings with the Technical team.
- Managing the sourcing/development of any post buy gaps
The role would suit candidates with previous experience working as a Fabric Developer, preferably with a high end product. An excellent opportunity to work with a leading and prestigious Brand!
You can follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin. You can also contact us on 0845 2268323