My Client, a design led brand has a great opportunity for a Senior Menswear Technologist for a 3-4 month contract. Th eposition covers Outerwear and Tailoring for Menswear.
As a Senior Menswear Technologist you will report to the Head of Technical and work closely with Design, Product Development, Buying and Merchandising teams to ensure a consistent high-quality product. Being a team player is a must!
The temporary Senior Menswear Technologist must have a strong Outerwear and Tailoring background and ideally will have had experience working on leather product.
- Supporting the Design Team to ensure the brand aesthetic is achieved
- Guaranteeing that the fit is consistent across the collection and quality of garments are to the standard
- Manage the block development process across Menswear
- Manage the fit meetings with Design and Buying teams
- Ensure that tech packs are updated with fit comments and measurement spec and suppliers informed according to critical path.
- Use your Technical expertise to help improve and or maintain margin.
- Responsible for updating the critical path system on all stages during the sealing process
- Manage the critical path
- Manage RISK assessment of product in close collaboration with the Product Development and Fabric teams
- Mentor junior members of the department
- Solid technical background in Outerwear and Tailoring, ideally, previous experience working with Leather
- Strong experience in managing fit sessions and fitting garments and garment grading
- A natural when it comes to garment construction and production requirements
- A strong background within a commercial and design environment
- A clear understanding of the design aesthetic of the brand
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Team player who collaborates and directs with ease, motivating and developing others within your team
- Strong organiser who prioritizes with ease and understand the importance of excellent time management
- Demonstrates a ‘can do’ attitude to work
- The ability to analyse problems and offer solutions
- Attention to detail is key as this is a fast-paced role, so a sharp eye is essential
- Advanced/Intermediate MS Office skills
You can follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin. You can also contact us on 0845 2268323