Our Client, a leading High Street Retailer, based in West London is looking to recruit a Technologist – responsible for Environmental and Chemical Compliance.
The key job responsibilities include:
- To be the business specialist for dyeing and finishing technical knowledge
- To manage the chemical compliance requirements for all Clothing and Home production.
- To help manage chemical and dyestuff related technical issues and provide relevant technical support to the Business Units and supply chain partners
- To help develop and implement chemical and dyestuff related innovations
Detailed job responsibilities include:
- Manage adherence to product environmental and chemical legislation and work with relevant teams to ensure compliance issues are resolved in line with legislation & policy when necessary eg REACH
- Maintain and update business environmental and chemical policies (ECP)
- Manage chemical due diligence program to ensure compliance to both MRSL, RSL and wastewater guidelines
- In the event of textile related Quality failure in the UK manage and co-ordinate with UK offices, Supply base and Sourcing Office colleagues to resolve
- Support the Buying teams with guidance on production technical issues related to chemicals, dyestuffs and wet processing
- Provide tools, guidance and network support on textile and leather dyeing, printing, tanning and finishing technical queries
- Manage textile processing knowledge to share and training of UK and SO design, buying and technical functions
- Provide specialist fabric technical knowledge needed in conjunction with fabric technology peers across clothing & home
- Technical expert in the field of Textile and Leather wet processing
- Good understanding and competence in textile and leather related chemistry
- Technical expert in chemical compliance and relevant environmental legislation
- Excellent communication skills within C&H Technical Function, Design and Buying, Supply Base and Global Sourcing Offices
- Able to manage Blue Sky thinking for newness and project delivery of innovation
- Multi tasked orientated working to tight deadlines while maintaining entrepreneurialism
- Capable of interpreting customer data (CIU, Bizarre Voice, QPI’s, Star ratings online) to shape future product development strategy
- Ability to engage with and support multiple buying disciplines – buying, technical and design.
- Ability to engage with external stakeholders
For more information about our current job opportunities please contact us on 0845 226 8323. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin.