Our Client,one of the UK’s most exciting and evolving brands on the High Street is currently recruiting for a Womenswear Senior Technologist. You will report to the Technical Manager and the role involves managing and developing a team of technologists. You will be responsible for the strategic development of the department and will be expected to contribute to and support the development of the overall technical strategy.
- Drive consistency in fit and quality through product development / approval processes
- Manage the achievement of product and raw material performance / testing requirements
- Assure products are safe and legal to international and in-house standards
- Plan departmental workloads
- Technically approve, develop and manage suppliers to deliver to our standards
- Maintain a knowledge of changes in legislation – including global changes / requirements
- Focus on continuous improvement through the analysis of returns and customer feedback, competitor awareness and industry feedback
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders in buying and design
- Take an active role in the senior technical team managing projects and technical initiatives on an ad hoc basis
- Support the ethical, sourcing team
- The ideal candidate will have proven experience in wovens, with a strong knowledge/ understanding of manufacturing and some middle management experience.
- You will ideally have worked in a retail technical environment.
- You will have a full understanding of the risks and legal requirements of the product.
Additional skills / qualities include:
- Strong leadership qualities
- Good coaching / people development skills
- Team player with a collaborative approach
- Be able to work and deliver in a fast-paced environment
- Have a pro-active approach to risks and opportunities to the business
- Good communication skills
- A good eye for detail
- Ability to relate to the customer expectations
You can follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin or contact us on 0845 2268323