Our Client, a leading multinational Brand has a vacancy for a Senior Technical Developer who will be responsible for the cut and sew knits (Jerseywear) category within Women's sportswear division.
The Senior Technical Developer must ensure a consistent fit throughout the cut and sew knits aspect of the collection, work with established fit targets when required; monitor and elevate the quality of the product through fit and construction.
Key activities include the set-up of specs from initial design sketches, fitting through all stages of style development from prototype to bulk production.
Throughout the development process the technologist is responsible for ensuring comments and specs are clear, supporting the vendor / factory / Buying office when necessary. Candidates must be able to work to tight deadlines and an understanding of critical path management is essential.
Senior Technical Developer Responsibilities:
- Must be accurate and skilled within technical development of cut and sew knits/ jersey
- Driving seasonal block refresh amendments and managing the updates across supply base.
- Responsible for creating and controlling sample specs from initial concept sketch to bulk production
- Control and maintain a consistent fit from initial styles through to bulk production sign off
- Grading styles for bulk production
- Communicate and work closely with designer and product developer to interpret sketches & styling, collection overview and achieve shared deadlines
- Working closely with Merchandising to understand the market needs
- Work with European / Asian regional offices, and Direct vendors
- Flexible in travel, Far East approx. 2 times per year and Europe/Turkey 2 times per year minimum.
- Must be able to manage the category to key scheduled dates and deadlines
- Strong team player
- Manage the technical & professional development of junior team members within the knit category
Senior Technical Developer requirements:
- Previous experience in technical development of Jersey/ Knit product – Womenswear
- An understanding of basic pattern making – a knowledge of Gerber system is advantageous
- Good communication skills in English – written and oral
- Flexible and hands-on mentality
- Pro-active ‘can do’ attitude
- Able to relocate.
Excellent package and relocation support provided!
For more information about our current job opportunities please contact us on 0845 226 8323. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin.