Our Client, a market leader of fast fashion is recruiting a Womenswear Product Technologist (Senior Garment Technologist) who is looking to grow their career with a High Fashion Brand.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious candidate to develop their career within the fast fashion environment. Applicants must be self-starters, motivated and keen to develop with the Brand.
- To ensure product developed and supplied to Client complies with Quality Assurance Standards.
- To work alongside buying teams, suppliers and key stakeholders to establish and maintain best practise and to meet the Client’s customer's expectations.
- Understand and support delivery of the Client’s Departmental and Quality strategy to deliver the customer promise.
- Strong technical expertise to deliver quality products that are safe, legal and fit for purpose.
- Quality benchmarking of Client’s and key competitors for fit, quality and performance
- Working alongside the Compliance team to ensure the Quality Standards are in line with industry standards (Value/Volume retail).
- Demonstrates an understanding of the legal requirements for labelling
- Evaluating risk and ability to make commercial recommendations on quality priorities in a volume environment.
- Monitors the Returns Report to identify high returning styles/products, working with the supply base to resolve and improve future deliveries.
- Identifies risk suppliers/product for Pre-shipment and CFS inspection.
- Aware of emerging trends, innovations and legal requirements to proactively support product development.
- Through reporting (portal testing, store visits, pre-shipment inspections, returns and CFS reports) identify quality issues within the supply base and work with the buying teams and the Technical Product Lead to support solutions.
- Maintains regular updates to the supply base on Client’s quality standards
- Engages with Sourcing and Ethical to understand supplier performance.
- Identify opportunities where process efficiencies can be developed and drive cost savings
- Through regular, timely and robust communication promote and represent Quality Assurance within the department, facilitating a culture of continuous improvement.
- Through training and engagement with Buying and Suppliers, improve the sampling hit rate.
- Supports and delivers departmental updates and presentations both internally and externally
- Attends B&M department meetings representing Quality Assurance
- Demonstrates ability to influence Buyers, Controllers and Directors with their decision making regarding quality standards
Skills and experience required
- Substantial and relevant experience as a Womenswear Garment Technologist / Senior Garment Technologist. Previous experience in Fast Fashion Retail is preferred but not essential
- A broad multi product technical knowledge with a proactive & innovative approach to Quality Assurance
- A sound commercial knowledge of product engineering, product costing’s and the production requirements in a fast fashion environment.
- Proficiency in managing and developing a global Supplier base
- An awareness of emerging trends and innovations to support development within their product area
- A strong fabric knowledge and skills to commercially evaluate product testing
- Self-motivation, drive and customer focus; the ability to work independently within a team environment and display high levels of commercial integrity is essential.
- Excellent time management, written and verbal communication skills are vital for this role
You can follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin.