An opportunity for a a junior footwear technologist or a garment / accessories technologist who has experience with current legislation in regards to chemical management (Reach & Prop 65) and safety critical risk assessment. To join a supplier of ladies & kids leather and synthetic footwear, supplying most of the leading retailers in the UK.
As Junior Footwear Technologist you will assist our tech team with the process of sampling and sealing from initial development through to pre production across ladies and kids footwear.
In a fast paced environment, you will help to ensure that all our footwear is safety tested, fit approved and also compliant with industry standards in line with critical path dates. To achieve this you will be liaising with our customers and also factories in Asia on a daily basis.
Previous experience in a technical role is beneficial.
Some of the day-to-day tasks include:
- Working very closely with the technical team, with regular
communication with both merchandising and Design teams.
- Daily liaising with our factories in Asia with regards to samples, testing and deadlines
- Daily contact with our customers, ensuring all queries are answered promptly and professionally.
- Reviewing incoming samples, ensuring quality and packing standards are met.
- Attend fit sessions / Customer meetings (on request)
- Create technical workbooks for our customers and our partners in Asia
- Requesting and managing testing
- Keep track of all steps in the sample sealing process
- Ensuring all customers and Matrix’ administration with relation to
sampling and testing is kept up to date. Keeping a daily updated schedule
to keep track of deadlines in the critical path
- Develop knowledge and understanding of our (and our customer’s)
technical, ethical and trading standards
- Pro actively looking to suggest ideas and improve existing systems
Our ideal candidate has:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong time management skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Great administrational skills
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office (mainly Excel) and ability to
adapt to different systems.
- Desire to learn and progress within the company
- Previous experience in a technical and/or footwear role is an advantage.
Especially with knowledge about chemical management (REACH & Prop
65) & experience with safety & risk assessments.
For more information about our current job opportunities please contact us on 0845 226 8323. You can also follow us on Twitter and Linkedin.