Our Client, an established design led Brand is looking to recruit a Fabric Buying Assistant for their Menswear department. The successful candidate will assist and support the Fabric Manager in all Menswear fabrics and administrative duties and ensure the smooth and efficient day to day running of the department.
Fabric Buying Assistant Key Responsibilities:
- Fabric sampling and development
- Work with the fabric manager to follow all Menswear fabrics from design research to BULK Fabric approval.
- Responsible for collating all fabric info and chasing prices from suppliers and entering details into sample tracking documents.
- Progress chase delivery dates from Suppliers for sample lengths, and update information to the Product Team.
- Book In Sampling fabric and seasonal Hangers
- Assist in Sourcing and developing women fabric's
- Assist on Negotiation of pricing and lead times for BULK FABRIC orders with Fabric Manager.
Bulk fabric orders
- The Fabric Buying Assistant will create and maintain Fabric Purchase orders on Pennine system. Book in PO's once fabrics are delivered to Manufacturers
- Maintain ex-mill delivery dates on Fast React system, department tracking sheet and arrange shipments in line with Manufacturers requirements
- Book in fabric PO's on Pennine system once fabrics are delivered to Manufacturers.
- Maintain and update company fabric stock files and update Pennine system once finished goods are delivered into the business.
Experience & Skills
- Computer literate on Excel, Word, Microsoft office Outlook.
- Works well in demanding fast moving work environment.
- Is a team player and is also self motivated.
- Good Organizational and communication skills both written and verbal.
- Demonstrates a 'can do attitude' to work.
- Be able to manage and develop heavy and varied workload.
Previous experience as a Fabric Buying Assistant is not essential but candidates must have a good knowledge of a broad range of textiles, preferably some Menswear knowledge, and some technical experience for approving bulk submissions and test reports.
An excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic junior to continue their career in buying!
You can follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin. You can also contact us on 0845 2268323