Specialising in childrenswear and women’s maternity fashion, our client is a successful multi-channel brand in an exciting period of accelerated growth with stores, a comprehensive website and catalogue business and expanding international customers.
Our client is looking for an experienced Garment Technologist or Senior Garment Technologist to cover Childrenswear and Maternity wear for a fixed term 9 month contract with the possibility of a permanent role, start asap!
This role is suitable for established technologists and perfect for someone who enjoys working at a fast pace,thrives on the challenge of working on a diverse product range and who is ready for a step up or already working within this key role.
Technologist Responsibilities include
- Safeguarding that all items adhere to British Safety Standards, international compliance & labeling requirements.
- Driving the critical path ensuring the range is produced to a high standard and on time.
- Develop relationships with suppliers to understand their strengths and limitations; work with them on continuous improvement.
- Preparing specification packs, fitting samples and approving stock for production.
- Liaising with suppliers to ensure all specifications are understood and followed.
- Approving fabrics and ensuring high quality detailing, trims and construction methods are used.
- Efficient ownership of relevant targets on the critical path.
Senior Technologist's responsibilities will also include
- Taking a senior approach in the team, acting in place of the Technical Manager both internally and externally to the company.
- Mentoring and developing the Technical Team.
- Review and analyse return rates feeding back to Technical Manager on periodic basis.
- Developing strategy with Technical Manager in relation to ethical and sustainable trading.
- Candidates must have a background in infant and children’s wear and experience in Womenswear. Additional experience with soft goods or toys would be a bonus but not essential.
- You will have worked directly with factories and traveled internationally.
- You will be a strong communicator and be able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Similar experience in a Brand or retail environment preferred.
You can follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin