Our Client, a leading high street retailer, requires a womenswear Denim specialist for this role.
To technically develop and specify market leading product. Manage the delivery of quality, innovation, fit, safety, compliance and ethics that differentiate the client from the rest of the High Street.
About the role
• Deliver the BU product innovation strategy driving commercial customer focused benefit and in line with Design and Innovation Brief priorities
• Keep abreast of the latest technology trends in materials, fabric, fibre construction techniques etc. and feed these into the product development process
• Manage adherence to product safety, compliance and ethical standards in line with legislation and corporate policy
• Deliver clear specifications on Design Tech packs to include fit, fabric quality, made well standards, construction & components
• Approve fits and contract seals (where relevant) ensuring construction and consistency is achieved in line with standards
• Working with the Fit Development Studio and design to ensure that relevant blocks and patterns are in place
• Carry out ongoing cost engineering at development stage to ensure all products are optimised commercially whilst still meeting quality, fit and aesthetic standards
• Manage fabric / raw material approval requirements and ensure quality and innovation is embedded into the fabric / raw material strategy
• Accountability for signing off the BOM and ensuring that all relevant product technical documentation (legal, testing, safety) is present on system at contract seal
• Manage the delivery of business requirements into the department and BU alongside buying team colleagues and the Sourcing offices
• Benchmark product against high street competitors ensuring a market leading position and feeding into our Product development strategy
• Monitor the voice of our customer around Quality and Fit and build into ongoing product development strategy
• Maintain integrity of product data within the department on systems, working with sourcing offices to ensure suppliers are compliant in providing complete and accurate information as required to enable reporting
• Act as a business ambassador internally and externally protecting all safety, ethical and environmental requirements
• In the event of Quality failure in the UK manage and co-ordinate with UK Offices, Supply Base and Sourcing Office colleagues to resolve
• Manage knowledge to share and product / fit training of store colleagues to enable more informed selling and service
• Expert in the field of technology including manufacturing of fabric / raw materials
• Excellent communication skills within C&H Technical Function, Design and Buying, Supply Base and Global Sourcing Offices
• Able to manage Blue Sky thinking for newness and project delivery of innovation
• Multi tasked orientated working to tight deadlines while maintaining entrepreneurialism
• Capable of interpreting customer data (CIU, Bizarre Voice, QPI’s, Star ratings online) to shape future product development strategy
• Experience of briefing and specifying direct design sourced product, working with Buying and Design teams to create Tech Packs
• Ability to manage departmental data and leverage company systems to enable strategic reporting
• Ability to work across multiple sourcing models.
For more information about our current job opportunities please contact us on 0845 226 8323. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin.