Are you an experienced Beauty Technologist? If so this could be the role for you!
Purpose of role:
To ensure product developed complies with Quality Assurance Standards. The Beauty Technologist will work alongside buying teams, suppliers and key stakeholders to establish and maintain best practise and to meet the Client's customer's expectations.
Beauty Technologist Responsibilities include:
- Understand and support delivery of the Departmental and Quality strategy to deliver the customer promise.
- Strong technical expertise to deliver quality products that are safe, legal and fit for purpose.
- Apply quality standards and commercially evaluate and guide suppliers on product testing
- Adheres to “the Best Practice” sample process flow
- Quality benchmarking of key competitors for fit, quality and performance
- Working alongside the Compliance team to ensure the Quality Standards are in line with Beauty Industry Regulations
- A clear understanding of the legal requirements for labelling and best practice claim support process within the required product areas.
- Identify and resolve potential quality issues in relation to formulation , components and testing failures
- Participate in the delivery of the key line programme to ensure quality standards are achieved.
- Manages and resolves quality issues in a timely manner with clear solutions and communication to all relevant stakeholders.
- Evaluating risk and ability to make commercial recommendations on quality priorities in a beauty environment.
- Identifies risk suppliers/product and create an action plan to manage & minimise this risk
- Proactively supports product development by advising on emerging trends, innovations and requirements’ for product quality and performance.
- Identify areas for constant improvement within the beauty area and own the implementation of any technical led initiatives
- In partnership with the buying teams participate in supplier meetings /factory visits to drive quality.
- A degree or equivalent in Chemistry, Cosmetic Science or an equivalent professional qualification
- Experience in a relevant Cosmetic / Beauty industry or Cosmetic / Beauty Retailer or appropriate Brand
- Detailed knowledge of a broad range of Beauty products, including a working knowledge of product formulation, manufacturing scale-up and specification management.
- An excellent understanding of Beauty product packaging and labeling requirements
- A complete knowledge of the end to end Beauty product supply chain.
Flexible location! This position could be based in Berkshire or Ireland and will involve some travel.
For more information about our current job opportunities please contact us on 0845 226 8323. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin.