We have a great opportunity for an Assistant Product Technologist to join an established Brand and develop their career in the retail sector.
• Provide organised, efficient and proactive support to the QA team to facilitate the delivery of comprehensive QA processes and procedures across the product development cycle supporting the wider QA strategy and agenda.
• This is a development role and in time the successful candidate will be responsible for a small product area. This role will be mentored by the Product Technologist as part of succession planning.
• Supporting the QA team in all QA processes, tasks, reporting and administration.
• Collate and submit information on REACH/EUTR/Product Technical File to the relevant 3rd parties.
• Maintain department systems and databases. Be familiar with company systems such as AX and Microsoft Access so that relevant information can be maintained and managed.
• Initial point of contact for all queries from stores, customer support and group shared service teams, escalating were appropriate.
• Co-ordinate and assist the testing of products for ranges as requested across all divisions. This will include raising PO’s and maintaining trackers.
• Assisting QA team to resolve QC Issues, liaising with suppliers and QC inspectors to expedite solutions.
• To provide divisional assistance to the technologists and senior technical manager as required.
• Providing support to 3rd party vendors to maintain data systems held by the parties.
• Any ad hoc requirements.
• A relevant degree or industry qualification, ideally with at least a year’s industry experience.
• Softlines, hardlines or product-based background preferred but candidates with a relevant qualifications who show a genuine enthusiasm for product will be considered
• Good systems knowledge with intermediate level Excel skills.
• Analytical & Numerical skills.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge of business principles and core values.
• Effective communicator and networker
• Excellent administrative and organisational ability
• Able to deliver results whilst working under pressure in a fast-moving dynamic retail environment, as an individual and within a team
• Able to engage at all levels with effective communication.
• Can cope with a change culture as we always look to drive continuous improvement.
• Ideally you will have an interest in home and interiors and enjoy being part of a brand.
For more information about our current job opportunities please contact us on 0845 226 8323. You can also follow us on Twitter and Linkedin.