Our client, a popular British Fashion brand with a great presence is looking for a capable Assistant Garment Technologist to join their Childrenswear Technical team.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a premium online brand in a friendly and hard working, fashion-led environment.
The ideal candidate will have some industry experience ideally within Childrenswear, but not essential.
Responsibilities will include day to day management for your own styles (in Girlswear) as well as assisting the Technologist and supporting the Technical team.
This is a varied role with excellent prospects for further development and ideal candidates will possess the following:
- A degree or equivalent qualification in Fashion or Clothing Technology
- Experience working as a Senior Technical Admin Assistant or an Assistant Garment Technologist. Preference given to candidates with experience in Childrenswear
- A sound knowledge of garment construction, fit and manufacturing. Candidates must have independently managed the development of their own styles from fit to production.
- Previous experience of fabric testing
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work within a team environment
- Brand awareness and a keen eye for detail and quality