Our Client, a leading High Street Retailer is looking for a Childrenswear Garment Technologist to cover Girlswear.
Working closely with buying, supply base and regional offices the individual will provide technical support for the Childrenswear buying team and drive innovation to deliver product to meet the Brands high-quality standards. This role is aimed at an experienced Childrenswear Garment Technologist from a Retail, Supplier or Manufacturer background wishing to broaden their experience with a leading Retailer.
Skills and requirements
- Substantial and relevant experience as a Childrenswear Garment Technologist in either Retail, Supply base or manufacturing
- An excellent knowledge of Childrenswear fit, design considerations and legislation is essential for this role
- A sound understanding of manufacturing, supplier management and supply chain.
- Outstanding knowledge of quality procedures & testing standards appropriate to Childrenswear.
- An excellent knowledge of risk assessment and prevailing legislation
- Proficiency in managing and developing a global Supplier base and liaising with regional offices
- An awareness of emerging trends and innovations to support development
- Self-motivation, drive and customer focus; the ability to work independently within a team environment
- Excellent time management, written and verbal communication skills are vital for this role
A great opportunity to join a leading Retailer. Excellent salary and benefits package