Our client, a well known and renowned British Brand is looking for a Team Leader to work in their Warehouse Pick, Pack and Dispatch department.
With over 50 people in the department the Team Leader needs to manage the workflow and maintain high levels of productivity, employee engagement and a good sense of fun!
Warehouse Team Leader Key Responsibilities
- Have a clear understanding of the ability and capability of each member of their team through the measurement of productivity and performance.
- Conduct frequent and regular 1-1 meetings with each team member and, where appropriate, agree a training and development plan for them.
- Complete formal HR related meetings and documentation such as return to work interviews, holiday approvals, absence management and annual appraisals.
- Manage the teams and plan the workload on a day to day/week to week basis to ensure that the department delivers the business requirements and service levels.
- Understand forecasts and budgets, to plan the team’s resources including overtime hours and taking on temporary workers to ensure service levels are maintained throughout the year.
Warehouse Team Leader Requirements:
- Leadership in a similar role or within a distribution or retail environment.
- Previous experience of managing a team of twenty or more.
- Ability to manage, develop and motivate people
- Self confident and professional attitude
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent personal organisation skills and customer focused
- IT literate including competent use of Word, Outlook and Excel
- Experience of disciplinary proceedings
- Able to meet changing and challenging demands with enthusiasm
For more information about our current job opportunities please contact us on 0845 226 8323. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin.