Our Client, a leading high street Retailer, has a unique opportunity for a Technical Lead in Womenswear. The position covers the knitwear,denim and tailoring departments and manages a team of 4 technologists, assistants technologists and fabric technologist. Management skills and a broad knowledge of Womenswear are essential for this role.
An outstanding opportunity. If you have the experience required please contact us for more information!
- Balance and effectively manage technical responsibility with broader managerial responsibility across a business area
- Work with the Head of Innovation & Quality and other Technical Leads to develop the innovation strategy putting the customer at the centre, whilst aligning to the commercial strategy .
- Coach and manage technical resources within business area, identifying and acting on training and development needs
- Protect business area from product safety, compliance and ethical issues in line with legislation and policy
- Set and maintain technical standards across the business area putting customer requirements at the centre of policy, and ensuring that these standards are frequently and clearly communicated to all stakeholders involved in the design, product development and production processes (Buying Departments, Suppliers, Sourcing Offices)
- Work with sourcing offices to maintain up to date knowledge of technical capability of Client's supply base within the business area, regularly sharing applying knowledge and expertise of fabric, construction and technical innovation to develop products that better meet the needs of the customer
- Champion the integrity of product data on Client's systems across the business area
- Lead global processes within the business area, coaching and providing direction to UK Technology peers and sourcing offices globally to drive compliance to agreed ways of working and standards
- Act as a business ambassador protecting all Plan A, safety, ethical and environmental requirements
- Ability to lead, coach and manage people to support development and drive success
- Ability to balance technical standards with the commercial needs of the business
- Expert in the field of technology including manufacturing, fit, construction and/or fabric / raw materials
- Ability to provide technical leadership and direction across Technical Function, Design and Buying, Supply Base and Global Sourcing Offices
- Able to manage 'Blue Sky' thinking for newness and project delivery of innovation
- Multi tasked orientated working to tight deadlines while maintaining entrepreneurialism
- Analytical skills, championing and leveraging Client's data (CIU, Bizarre Voice, QPI’s, PLM) to shape future strategy
- Experience in briefing and specifying direct design sourced product, working with Buying and Design to create Tech Packs
- Ability to work across multiple sourcing models (Client designed, Supplier designed)
Excellent salary and benefits.
For more information about our current job opportunities please contact us on 0845 226 8323. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin.