Our client, a well known and renowned British Brand is looking for a Team Leader for their Tailoring alterations department.
This established Brand offers customers the opportunity to alter their garments to suit their specific needs. The Tailoring Department is a team of sewing machinists and support colleagues who make these changes before the orders are dispatched.
With nearly 60 people in the department the Team Leader needs to manage the workflow, maintain high levels of productivity and deliver great quality.
The Team Leader must have a clear understanding of the ability and capability of each member of their team through the measurement of productivity and performance.
The successful candidate is not required to sew, but would benefit from an understanding of how the alterations are carried out, how the equipment works and a knowledge of high quality alterations.
The role would suit an experienced team leader, QA manager or machinist with management experience. Excellent people skills and a sense of humor is a must for this role!
Team Leader Responsibilities:
- Conduct frequent and regular 1-1 meetings with each team member and, where appropriate, agree a training and development plan for them.
- Work with the department manager and warehouse colleagues to plan, monitor and report the workload of the department on a day to day basis.
- Complete formal HR related meetings and documentation such as return to work interviews, holiday approvals, absence management and annual appraisals.
- Manage the teams and plan the workload on a day to day/week to week basis to ensure that the department delivers the business requirements and service levels.
- Understand and actively promote the Brand’s core values and behaviors.
- Through an understanding of the forecasts and budgets, plan the team’s
- resources including overtime hours and engage temporary workforce to manage workflow
Team leader experience required:
- Leadership in a similar role as a Team Leader or within a distribution or retail environment.
- Experience managing a team of twenty or more.
- Ability to engage with all employees and direct reports
- Ability to manage, develop and motivate people
- Self-confident and professional attitude
- Excellent English written and verbal communication and organizational skills
- PC literate including competent use of Word, Outlook and Excel
- Experience of disciplinary procedures preferred
For more information about our current job opportunities please contact us on 0845 226 8323. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin.