Our Client a leading and fast expanding European Retailer is looking for a Sourcing Manager for their Bangladesh office. The role reporting into the Head of Global Sourcing encompasses both sourcing and technical responsibilities, and manages a team of 17 people including Merchandiser, Compliance, Quality and HR/Administration Services
The individual will be Responsible for operative management of our Client’s Bangladesh office and the sourcing of suitable suppliers in the region, ensuring that produced goods correspond entirely to Client’s quality standards, and meet with financial and social compliance objectives.
Sourcing /Quality Manager Key Responsibilities:
- Sourcing and following the bulk production in country in terms of Quality-Trend-Price and respecting Client’s margin objectives.
- Train suppliers to ensure smooth product development, production and good understanding of Logistics / Quality Specification and EEM system
- Manage and guides team members to achieve individual objectives and results.
- Control and follow-up of budgeted costs.
- Monitor and track the critical path for on time delivery. Anticipate on any production challenges.
Sourcing /Quality Manager Key Tasks include:
- Develop strategic relationships with key suppliers
- Carrying out a process review in order to shorten the lead times and to increase efficiency in the full supply chain, i.e., from design to the client in store.
- Manage merchandiser/s to oversee the product development highlighting local market limitations. Ensure merchandiser provide open costing to achieve best purchase price.
- Supervise critical path and update buying on challenges
- Participate on local fit, lab dips, fabric and trims approval
- Oversee production status follows order, pre-production meeting, pre-final inspection
- Manage Quality Assurance to follow up the inline and pre-final inspection to ensure the acceptable final inspection result based on AQL 2.5 standard
- Maintain close relationship with Quality Platform Manager on inspection schedule and quality challenges, ensure PPS sample available all time
- Supplier performance management, analysis and evaluation.
- Monitor and follow that all supplier identify and respect the quality and social regulation with Client’s standard.
- Coordinate Social Compliance Responsible activity to achieve sustainable sourcing
- Management of office budget and cash flow.
Sourcing /Quality Manager Key Requirements
- Strong technical background
- Experience on knitwear and woven product Production, fabric and print experience
- Charismatic leadership
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Creative and Innovative
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Must have strong understanding on local team management
- Previous experience in Bangladesh essential
For more information about our current job opportunities please contact us on 0845 226 8323. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin.