Our Client, a world class Retailer, has a vacancy for an experienced Product Technologist for Bedding Textiles & Bath specifically filled products along with soft Textiles. Working closely with the buying teams, the successful candidate will liaise with internal departments to ensure that the highest standard of construction and technical specification are maintained.
The role of the Product Technologist is to execute category strategy by delivering value, quality and safe products in a timely manner to the customer which meet the company Brand standards and legal requirements,owning and supporting the delivery of agreed target KPIs in line with the department strategy.
Requirements of the role of Product Technologist;.
- Conduct assessment of products within category as part of the product development & risk assessment process to ensure all products meet all quality, brand integrity, product fit for purpose, safety and legal requirements.
- Analyse customer complaint and returns data weekly and work with the buying team to take appropriate action.
- Ensure all product specifications are accurate and stored appropriately in the systems as required.
- To comply with Technical milestones in the critical path to ensure range launch timescales are met.
- Write range review packs and present the technical section to senior management in key sign-off meetings.
- Ensure all suppliers understand systems, requirements and Brand Standards and keep the relevant supplier technical manuals up to date.
- Ensure standard procedures and documentation is used at all times.
- Deliver approved products to the agreed department critical path.
- Support the buyer by understanding the market, competitor products and their specifications.
- Feed into the supplier strategy and ensure suppliers have the appropriate technical capabilities to meet production requirements
- Support and contribute to business improvement projects as required
- With guidance from the Technology Manager, liaise with the Buyer to feed into the quality criteria for own label products ensuring the optimal balance between quality and price is maintained.
- Knowledge of non-food product related field or relevant scientific subject, and ideally a working knowledge of textiles.
- Some experience in a manufacturing or retailing environment
- An understanding of quality management and/or product development
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to deliver results as an individual and within a team
- Confidence to influence and engage, building relationships with key stakeholders
- Product, market and consumer knowledge
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast moving dynamic retail environment
- Effective communicator, presenter, and team player
- Relevant technical experience for given product range
- Experience of working with suppliers on a FOB & domestic basis
For more information about our current job opportunities please contact us on 0845 226. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin.