Our Client is one of Europe’s leading manufacturers, importers and distributors of quality rugs from around the world. The company who supply major retailers and has an extensive customer portfolio are looking for a Textile Technologist specializing in Home Furnishings to join their team.
Textile Technologist Key Responsibilities:
- To ensure product compliance with identified standards in terms of quality, durability, functionality and safety.
- To work in partnership with the Sales & Buying Director to ensure development and delivery of innovative products that are fit for purpose, meet legal requirements and the customers needs.
Textile Technologist Role:
- The Textile Technologist will manage the quality function of Home Furnishings within the company
- To ensure quality standards are met, maintained and improved (where appropriate) to ensure produce consistent product that exceeds our customer’s expectations and meets the commercial requirements of the business.
- To provide guidance to ensure that all technical and safety product characteristics are specified, appropriate and clearly documented via the creation of product specifications, ensuring all product is fit for purpose.
- Manage all aspects of ethical compliance and factory auditing. Producing full technical documentation to verify that each product is manufactured according to the agreed specification.
- Liaise directly with our retail partners on all technical & quality aspects, ensuring company adheres to all technical standards, manage online technical databases and deliver a ‘best in class’ service.
- Work alongside the Sales & Buying Director to ensure seamless flow and delivery of product so that the critical path is maintained.
- Monitor any quality problems which occur with existing products ensuring a quick resolution to any issues.
- Build strong relationships with customers, country offices and factories.
- In conjunction with the Buying Director define the global sourcing strategy, evaluating and recommend suitable sources worldwide.
- Implement and manage the returns process. Monitoring level of returns by customer and factory and reporting this on a weekly basis.
- Sample management – managing sealing and gold seal procedure
- To carry out any other duties that may be outside the standard remit, that will benefit the individual or the company as a whole.
- The role would suit a someone with a Textile Technology degree or equivalent qualification
- Technical understanding of textiles – including the manufacturing process, test methods, performance standards and requirements.
- Highly driven and works with enthusiasm and tenacity
- Competent understanding of computer/IT systems particularly email, word and excel.
- Be able to cope with a diverse workload, to prioritise effectively and monitor all work through to its natural conclusion. He/she will be required to forward think, use initiative and be aware of the implications of instructions given.
- Be self-motivating, confident with a real ‘hands on’ can do attitude
- Has personal and professional impact
- Enthusiastic and driven to achieve results for the business
For more information about our current job opportunities please contact us on 0845 226 8323. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin.