A great opportunity for a Product Developer to join fast growing luxury brand of women’s sportswear. Our client is looking for a Product Developer to join their successful team. You will be responsible for bringing the product to life by constructing it according to quality, price, MOQ, lead times and economies of scale.
Reporting into the Product Manager the role briefly includes:
- Creating and maintaining tech packs and BOMs.
- Work with Design to review material qualities that meet company standards.
- Work closely with Technical and Production to develop the seasonal collections put up by Design, to high quality, within target margins and according to critical path.
- Work with Technical to ensure functionality and quality of product. Attend proto fittings with Technical to certify samples are within the required design aesthetic.
- Partner with raw materials suppliers to maintain awareness of trends, innovative fibres, new technologies finishing techniques etc.
- Run the lab dip and tests program on all fabrics and trims.
Product Developer key Responsibilities:
- Responsible for product presentation in Range Review meetings. Ensuring all information is prepared, available and presented in a complete manner.
- Ensure the Design department works to the critical path.
- Collect and communicate information and any product related issues to all relevant stakeholders.
- Update development trackers and make available for weekly meetings in order to ensure calendar dates and timelines are being adhered to. Advise technical and production of any possible problems that could affect lead times.
- Ensure that developments meet the brand identity and support the design team on comp shopping reports where necessary.
- Submit care label instructions and specifications and approve the label layouts for all products.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Knowledge of different fabrics, washing, finishing and printing techniques
- Detail oriented and organized with strong follow through
- Strong negotiation skills
- Adept at calculating required fabric and trims for each season to cross check with factories
- Understanding and ability to analyse in detail cost breakdowns from factories
For more information about our current job opportunities please contact us on 0845 226 8323. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin.