Our Client, a leading High Street Brand has an opportunity for a Menswear Garment Technologist. An excellent opportunity for an experienced Garment Technologist looking to progress their career with a leading Brand. The product responsibilities include Leisure products incorporating Denim and Shorts.
- The objective of the role is to assure the quality of the Client's product by demonstrating an understanding of the target customer and interpreting their Quality expectations.
- It is also about adding value by steering practices to optimise value added to the business and to reduce costs.
- Working with Buying & Merchandising to establish optimum product value
- Establishing effective working relationships with suppliers to drive and support product development
- Identifying and analysing problems, proposing solutions and making logical decisions
- Building and maintaining positive working relationships with a wide variety of people including B&M, suppliers and the technical team
- Striving for continual improvement and promoting the technical team
- Liaising with suppliers to discuss product issues
- Liaising with the Distribution Centre to ensure safe stocking
- Weekly store visits to carry out random product checks and analyse returns figures
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience within a retail / manufacturer environment
- Be commercially aware with a solid understanding of the high street
- Conversant with fabric testing as well as fitting and sealing
- Can demonstrate initiative, problem solving and negotiation skills and have ability to build and develop effective relationships
- Capability to work in a fast paced, high pressured environment
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to converse with a variety of people.
For more information about our current job opportunities please contact us on 0845 226 8323. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.