Our Client, a leading High Street Retailer is looking for a Fabric Technologist specialising in Lingerie across fabrics, dyeing and finishing, lace and printing.
Key responsibilities for the position of Fabric Technologist includes;
- Monitor competitors for new technical developments.
- Be aware of technical innovations through internal and external contacts.
- Identify new fabric / product requirements, based on design trends.
- Review and update performance standards where required.
- Audit and record supplier performance and contribute to supplier appraisals with the product team.
- Manage supplier and mill evaluations globally to assess the suitability of the mill/supplier and their ability to meet requirements.
- Propose, develop, implement and manage technical standards to ensure the product meets all legal and performance requirements.
- Establish product manual requirements, review seasonally and update as requested.
- Identify centres of excellence and suppliers capable of delivering improved quality, innovative product or significant value advantages and manage their introduction.
- Assess, identify & implement ways of mitigating high risk of failure to meet requirements or agreed delivery by fabric or garment makers.
- The ability to travel is an essential requirement for this role
- A relevant qualification at degree or equivalent level.
- Preferably experience of manufacturing environment including product development.
- Good organisational skills.
- Good written and spoken communication skills.
- A logical and common sense approach to problem solving.
- Ability to convey technical detail in a clear and concise manner.
- High level of awareness and sense of urgency.
- Ability to work within in team environment.
- Responsible for own personal development.
For more information about our current job opportunities please contact us on 0845 226 8323. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin.