Our Client is a unique sports/leisurewear brand specialising in natural fibres, requires a Garment Technologist to join their small team. The position can be based in Plymouth or London. The role covers womenswear and menswear products.
- Garment Technologist key responsibilities include
- Work with Design and Product Development to develop new fits and blocks for new ranges.
- To co-ordinate product development
- Raising grading specifications for all styles.
- Organise and attend fit meetings and communicate fit comments to suppliers.
- Work closely with suppliers to ensure all product development issues are managed effectively to minimise delays to fit and photo samples.
- To establish brand quality requirements and assist in finding new ways of improving the existing technical processes.
- To co-ordinate testing of fabrics/garments across all products to ensure that products meet Client's clothing standards.
- Issue wash care and technical information for packaging.
- To co-ordinate the request for all new seasonal lab dips/colours and their approval.
- To co-ordinate the sourcing of new fabrics and trims.
- Managing technical aspects from sizing to faults.
- World-wide travel may be required.
- Update the timeline with any amendments/updates and communicate to all relevant team members.
Garment Technologist requirements
- Experience within a retailer/brand environment.
- Educated to degree level or possess relevant professional qualifications.
- A thorough understanding of garment manufacturing processes, construction, grade rules and quality control procedures.
- Good knowledge of pattern cutting & fitting processes
- A sound knowledge of fabric properties and performance.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A true self starter
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to also work on own initiative and as part of a team with a proactive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Experience of dealing with offshore suppliers/factories.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literate including a good working knowledge of Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Outlook) & Adobe Illustrator.