Our Client, a leading fast fashion womenswear High Street Brand, is looking for Footwear Technologist to join their innovative team. As a Footwear Technologist you will be working closely with the Buying teams and Suppliers to maintain and further improve all aspects of product quality assurance and the development of product. The role of Footwear Technologist reports into the Senior Technologist and has an assistant direct report
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintaining and improving Brand quality requirements across the Shoe department
- Approving and analysing both physical and chemical test reports
- Fitting and sealing pre-production samples
- Supporting and advising Buying in preparation of new styles
- Developing and managing Supplier Base
- Evaluating and assessing factories’ capabilities in both quality and CSR
- Finding new ways of improving existing technical processes
- Constantly reviewing and improving product specification and performance against the competition.
Experience & skills:
- Confidently demonstrates an established knowledge of Footwear construction and specification.
- A good understanding of the manufacturing process
- Experience of quality assurance in a retail/supply or branded company
- Proactively identifies and analyses problems and proposes commercial solutions
- Strong communication skills and the ability to influence and negotiate at all levels
- Works under their own initiative and thrive in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrate passion for the product and actively contributes to the success of both the department and the brand.
For more information about our current job opportunities please contact us on 0845 226 8323. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin.