This is an exciting opening to join this well-established International Retailer and be part of a successful team.
Our Client, who is committed to employing dynamic and driven candidates, is recruiting a Garment Technologist skilled in multi product Childrenswear.
The Garment Technologist reports into the Technical Manager and will have responsibility for 4 Childrenswear and Brand so knowledge of both product areas is essential.
An excellent opportunity for a broad and varied role!
Garment Technologist responsibilities include:
- Product Development
- Support Buyers and Designers in Product Development and ensuring product is fit for purpose.
- Possess the ability to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of garment construction across multi product categories.
- Drive fit sessions with Designers, Buyers and Suppliers to ensure product fit, quality, construction and sizing conforms to Company standards for Own Label.
- Ensure fit times are managed effectively and all sample fitted in a timely manner.
- Ensure detailed and concise fit comments are recorded and adhered to so Suppliers are clear on any further action required.
- Fit comments to be sent to Suppliers within the permitted time.
- Be able to proactively identify and analyse problems and propose commercial solutions.
- Review base/bulk test reports to ensure product is fit for purpose.
- Work together with Suppliers and factories to ensure minimum make standards are met and maintained.
- Take full ownership and demonstrate an ability to drive the dept.
- Participate in regular team meetings to review product and carry out risk assessment.
- Regular meetings with Line Manager to discuss progress on key areas.
- Daily communication with Suppliers, factories and National Distribution Centre.
- Provide support and any additional information requested by Buyers & Designers.
- Ensure all products meet British Safety standards and comply with EEC and UK legislation.
- Liaise with National Distribution Centre regarding deliveries with quality problems and manage the QA process effectively.
- Use Interlink system for managing Test Reports in a timely manner.
- Computer skills required on Microsoft, Excel, Word, Outlook & Power Point.
- Store visits – locations maybe outside London.
- Relevant experience working as a Garment Technologist, preferably within Retail, although candidates from Manufacturing, Retail or Supplier background considered.
- Candidates must be equally competent in Childrenswear and Womenswear and confident to manage fit session independently
For more information about our current job opportunities please contact us on 0845 226 8323. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin.